Sunday, January 4, 2015

Colossal Wrecks

Last night was one of the most important events I ever attended to. Calculator's final show. It went great and it was a extremely good set. A band called Sophie and Dangers played along side my cali favorites Ten Thousand Leagues and La Bella. Calculator played about 12 songs 1 off the last 7" another off New forms 7" and 5 off This will come to pass and another 5 off These roots grow deep. Possibly the best show I have ever went to. Well after the show I met up with Mark and I bought some merch off his label Kyeo Speaks months ago and well he was a nice guy. He had run out one of the tapes I ordered so he gave me 3 random tapes Kittyhawk, Fugue and Lester Freamon. I also got my Dream Caste tape I ordered. But he also gave me 3 records the 2 Ten Thousand Leagues splits and Colossal Wrecks debut LP (will talk about right now hold on) after that I went up to Nik about Calculator merch but he was pretty busy and I guess he didn't tell me that the merch was being sold at the back of the venue (Bridgetown DIY) and I got myself Calculator's final 7" and This will come to pass (Both Count Your Lucky Stars releases) in the end it was a cool ass night, I didnt get home until 1 in the morning. I was off beat tired. Today morning I woked up and looked at the zines I ordered and Mark threw in Her breathe on glass compilation cd What we left behind and Matsuri's Whales EP (no covers) but that is fine I can't complain. Well then I checked Colossal Wrecks and I found out these guys are from my hometown. I have known them or saw them being mentioned here and there through Lauren Records but didn't think they'd be from my area. Well they sound good. A pop punkish emo band is all I can say about them. I am not too familiar with them yet. But I will once I spin this record every so often. You can download there LP for free on their bandcamp or you can purchase one off Lauren Records or my city's finest label Mountain Man Records.

Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment