Friday, March 16, 2012

Guyver-One

Guyver-One is a mid 90's Emotive hardcore "Emo Violence" band from the San Diego region. They made a superb classic S/T 7" (Well known for the emotive hardcore movement in San Diego. The 7inch has 5 badass songs that will make you mosh pit your dining room. They also released a 12" called Obsessed With... It has 8 songs including, there's a softer side of Guyver-One when you hear there song entitled "My Own Movie" it has a piano playing and slow paced drums and guitars. I believe in the lyrics he says "It's hard to fight you, it's hard to find(fight) you. When it's ******" god damn I really can't hear what he makes up since the drums hit a bit harder when he says that little part of the sentence. One of the songs from the 12" was also featured on a Compilation, I can't remember though, but thats all they offered during the band being active. If your a big fan of Reversal Of Man, Jeromes Dream, Portraits Of Past. It's clearly to state, you will like this band as well. I found them back in late 2008 when I found Honeywell in the forgotten blog "Hardcore For Nerds". Despite this band being genius I only found one live set playing one of the songs from there 12", pretty fucking epic. I sometimes wished I was 16 during those times and see them play together. Sadly for me, I was born in 1992 I but made me experience moments such as Capsule, ColorChromatic, Beau Navire, and such of todays awesome DIY bands that were influenced by these great classic bands. I know to many thrashers, they look up to Metallica's LP "Ride The Lighting" as the main concept of there genre as well as Slayer's "Hell Awaits" for us DIY freaks and Emotive Hardcore kids we see Guyver-One's S/T 7" as one of our own main concept what Emotive hardcore (little kids say it with me "Emo Violence") is all about. Along with Reversal Of Man of course. But yes, definelty check this band if you love 90's. No not Nirvana, or fucking Sublime; But real DIY shit like these band Guyver-One. I got to say, that's a pretty dope ass band name, luckily this band was DIY. If they were mainstream I bet you the Japanese anime cartoon Guyver-One would sue this sexy ass band. DIY or DIE !!! Note: I had to upload the s/t 7", I don't fucking know why people post stuff on mediafire and then fucking delete it. Its fucking annoying, I searched everywhere for the s/t but had no luck... Now I am very lazy uploading this crap for you guys, it's not my fault a few were very very late of the game; but then again I really want you guys to dig this band and hear them so I uploaded them for you. Here is also a video of them. :)



S/T 7"
Obssessed With... 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment