Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday

Here is another post of a great band that went big and released shit afterwards entitled to my opinion. I gave a shot to this band in Summer 2008 listening to there first 3 releases that 1999 summer tour demo, Waiting, Full collapse along with there live EP Five Stories Falling EP. These bring back memories of that whole summer, sometimes when I close my eyes and listen to this band I can see everything of that summer. Its fucking wierd. When I heard War All The Time it was actually pretty decent I won't lie to that it had some killer tunes. But after that, it was like listening to shit no offense to any Thursday fan. A city divided by the light isnt my most or least favorite album though I thought it was pretty bad. I enjoyed some of the early demo tracks and live tracks featured on Kill the lights which was pretty cool of them to make an album of this stuff. That split with Envy was god damn horrible. I don't know if they thought making a 7" split was cool and DIY of them, it sorta felt like a mainstream band just copying what most DIY music does. I think they couldve done a split when they released Waiting or basically not join a major label aat all and not do Warped Tour "Land of the posers and fairy fucks". (ENTITLED OPINION don't need loose buttholes) Common existence was pretty bad too though a song "Funeral Subway" reminded me of Full Collapse which shouldve been in that album along with "Last call" and "As He Climbed the Dark Mountain" other than those 3 tracks the album is a shit bag. I will finally move on to the last release which they claimed it would sound like Full Collapse. No Devolucion, besides the fact Epitaph Records have extrememly shitty albums. Though Thursday is a great band, it felt like they half assed there last length. It sounded nothing like Full Collapse or even War All the time which was done after Full Collapse or to the you the truth Waiting... At least they shouldve done it like there album Waiting; but no there heads were in there fucking asses and fucked it all up especially in there last 2 albums and god damn target especially there last album. Great band though I can tell you that. I felt some Emo vibe in there first 2 albums while War all the time had a post hardcorish feel which is okay and the rest sounding like some sell out. I heard sell out in A city diveded by the light, Common Existence and No Devolucion. I will give them credit for making the first 3 lengths extremely powerful to make up for the last 2 shitty lengths and that half assed split. Well if none of you haven't heard of Thursday they are very good, there not as bad as im saying they are it's just the last 2 full lengths I don't know I didn't like them they sounded off, different (not the good different), and like they just did whatever just to release a album. I did here of some splits they did which were called (Sampler CD's) thats fucking stupid. It featured a few songs from Waiting, Full Collapse and War all the time. The band is currently in Haitus god knows for how long, but if they do get back together I hope they see the mistakes they made. Some people say Waiting was released in 2000 but the album was released in late 1999. Well anyways you can download the GOOD stuff here. I am glad I heard them that summer though

1999 Summer Tour Demo (1999)
Waiting (1999)
Full Collapse (2001)
Five Stories Falling (2002)
War all the time (2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment