Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cunter

This is one of the rarest posts on any music blog, I actually tried looking for anything on these guys and nothing was found. It took me a long while to find there vinyls online since the vinyls were limited pressed and everything was digitally downloaded on there bandcamp but not free of course. The band was originally called Hunter but changed it to Cunter 'cause some douchebags were going to sue them since they had the name Hunter. This band has members of Moneen, Alexisonfire, Haitian Knife Fight, and the abandoned hearts club. Kenny who is vocals/guitar from moneen plays bass in this band Erik Hughes who is bass for moneen is lead vocals for this band and then they have the drummer of Alexisonfire and so on... This band has 4 vinyls. The first was called 4 (all vinyls released are numbered) which were the first four songs then they have 8 which are nother 4 songs. They then combined the 2 vinyls into one vinyl and added 2 unreleased songs and called it 10. There newest 20 has 10 other songs so in total they have 20 songs. Wierd right. I found this band to sound somewhat like a 90's hardcore punk band. The band was majorly influenced they decided to start this band. Though the bands label is Dine Alone (ew) Dine Alone has lately tried going "Underground" and "DIY" by releasing limited vinyls and making vinyls instead of CDs. Kinda sound like copycats of DIY labels. Though I do find this band very low key under Dine Alone Records. Stupidly this band has a wiki page. Though very underground. I knew of this band when they released 20. I am a big fan of Kenny well was, I still think I wouldve known about this right when 4 came out. Sadly, I didn't. The band is pretty good itself. I do like the fact this band went on being Low Key and not being a major sell out and for that I will post them on my blog. If your a huge fan of any of the bands mentioned or Hardcore punk, this is a band you guys should look into

10
20

No comments:

Post a Comment