Tuesday, May 29, 2012

JFA

JFA in short and Jody Forster's Army in long was a early 80's hardcore punk band or what a few who grew up listening to to them "Skate punk" music. Here's the story how I found out about this band. My last day of my college classes I didn't show up for one of the final since I already had an A and it was more of a pass no pass class so If I got a C I would still pass. I was walking to the bus to go home and decided to hang out with one of my friends Jebus. Who was at his brothers house (Johnathan) and another friend of ours who we call (Monch) was there as well. Tehy waited for me so we cann all smoke together. I got there and decided to listen to some music. We put James dean, bob marley, easy-e and cypress hill. Monch then brought up JFA who said it sounded like a early screamo band. So I heard it and since I was pretty much zoned out it actually sounded like they were screaming. When I got home it sounded like nothing of what I heard at Jebuses brothers house. Though I did managed to like there first 2 releases. Once I heard the other releases, I saw what he meant that they were shit and not hard. So I am posting the 2 first releases of this band. The other stuff was more softer and had some 80's glam or some shit to it. Sounded nothing like hardcore punk as a matter of fact. The first 7" Blatant Localism and Valley of the Yakes were there best. Is all I got to say.

Blatant Localism 7"
Valley of the Yakes 12"

No comments:

Post a Comment