Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Minor Threat

Lately I been TRYING to listen to 80's hardcore punk bands. And to be bluntly honest it is hard for me to actually like any of these bands such acts as The Sex Pistols, The Ramones, The Clash and all the other bands that sound alike. Though there are 2 bands I did liked a lot one is Minor threat which will be on this post and JFA. Though I heard way back when Minor Threat started. I looked and came up with the first demo tape. I actually digged it pretty good. So I thought hey since I like this band and I should looked through there history. According to wiki, it states that the song "Straight edge" speaks about anti-drug and anti-drinking and shit. I really freaked out once I heard this band pulled some shit liked that. Though I was very impressed with there first demo tape. I went of to there second 7" since the first 7" are the same songs from the demo tape only more rough (which I like more). I heard there second 7" and my god it was fucking horrible (not as horrible as Fat mike from NOFX bitch tits or his stupid band) but it wasnt what I really expected. It is just my opinion though of course. Some of you will like others probably not. I didn't liked the second 7" at all, since I didnt checked there other stuff I saw no use since the band totally went on a slower tune I didn't have hope for me liking the other bands stuff. It is wierd the band re released there demo tape in 2003 on CD. In which I think that is the stupidest thing ever. I mean if the demo was on tape re release it on tape or at least on vinyl but on CD. Shit, I bet those poser kids got a copy of those and thought "Oh boy I have Minor Threat's first demo" It's a re-release dumb fuck and on CD, yeah thats so fucking cool right. I wouldnt necessarly buy it on CD especially if this crap is higher than 5 bucks there is no fucking way I would buy this. I personally liked the demo a lot. It really got me going, they somewhat remind me of a less aggressive soft side of Honeywell (Honeywell fucking rocks; every single release was great). I will only post there demo tape since it was the only good 8 songs I admired the most which goes with there first Self Titled 7". Don't hate me for not liking there other stuff. Like I said it is my opinion. I can't like yours all the fucking time or anyone else.

Demo tape

No comments:

Post a Comment