Friday, May 25, 2012

Portraits of past

This is one of the other early jams I found about. I first heard there song "Something Less than intended" Holy crap there self titled album is fucking epic. It is what real screamo and emotive hardcore is all about. I went through the whole album and it was fucking beautiful. I seriously saw no flaws in this album except for a cough in the background of "Something less than intended" in the intro; other than that the album is fucking great. I heard they didn't sell so good and had to throw many of there self titled's away. The band lasted shortly 1993-1995 or 1996 sadly to make a 7 song demo tape, Portraits of Past/Bleed split 7", XXX compilation 2x12", Stealing the Pocket compilation, self titled 12" LP, and also did a semi discography containing all the songs from the s/t a few 3 or 2 from the demo and 5 live tracks. They also reunited in 2008 and released a 12" entitled "Cypress dust witch" 4 brand new tracks. They play throughout kali. I really wished I went to go see them play. They haven't been heard since after this release and that reunion. Though Portraits of past will always be a classic on my book along with 90's forgotten emotive hardcore bands like Honeywell, Guyver One, in/humanity, Palatka, and such. anyways here's all there stuff. 2 songs from the demo come on the bleed split and one other track from the stealing pockets comp. The XXX compilation is definetly lost and its a lost song that cant be find anywhere not even in the Discography. I posted the discography so that you can get the live tracks.

7 song demo tape
Portraits Of Past 12"
Discography CD
Cypress Dust Witch 12" EP

No comments:

Post a Comment