Friday, May 25, 2012

Thingy

How odd not many people have mentioned the band thingy on any blog. Thingy was a indie rock 90's band starting from 1996-2000. They have one 7 song EP entitled "Staring Contest" and 2 of the longest fucking full lengths I have ever seen. one called "Songs About Angels, Evil, and Running Around On Fire" which has 24 songs.... Yes, 24 songs on there first full length thats almost a entire discography right? hahah. This album was released in 1997. It is my favorite album from them. There last and second full length entitled "To the innocent" which has 18 songs. Yep another long ass full length, that is almost Saetia's entire discography. The thing is that most of the songs are less than 2 minutes or less than a minute. I don't know much of this band. I do know the band .moneen. was influenced by this band. I heard of this band back in 2008 the first song I heard was the first track from To the innocent "Mayday". I suddenly forgot of this band til they popped back in my head and heard all there songs. Pretty decent. I really like the singing. It's very mellow, summer sound llike music. I don't know, I'm just using my imagination. I couldnt find there EP anywhere. Although a few songs are on youtube there okay. Not the best as there 2 full lengths but okay. These 2 albums are almost entire discographies. since they do have many tracks (but like I said at least 90% are short). I mean if you like indie pop with guy and girl vocals you will like this. It isn't as poppy as many entitle it indie pop. It is more of a indie band rather than pop. Well that's just me. Check this. Very easy to listen to. I tried looking for there EP. I had no luck, maybe you guys can help me find it. That be cool.

Songs About Angels, Evil, and Running Around On Fire (1997)
To the innocent (2000)

2 comments:

  1. yo dude i love your blog, great taste in music and lots of rad bands. By the way, if you like Thingy, I think you'd like this other 90's band called P.E.E. or PEE. they had this album called "The Roaring Mechanism" and it rules. I love them. Anyways, keep it up dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I didn't know I had a comment til now. I will definetly check that out bro. Thanks man.

    ReplyDelete