Monday, August 6, 2012

Merchant Ships

Merchant ships. Wowsers. This stuff brings a lot of memories from 2009, I remember when all they had was that EP, bummer times demo, and that old grey track. Yeah, that shit was great. And do you remember when they got together again and did the shipsography CD-R's with 2 new songs. Something Paul rever that had the same drum beat as old grey and almost sounded the same from the beggining and that song Dying yeah. Fucking badass times. And remebr when they did For Cameron and how people thought that EP was good, sorry to break it to you but I was a bit dissapointed on that EP it didn't had that Bummer times sound anymore, it was a whole different merchant ships going different direction to my view. It didnt had that simple rythm where you can say "Yet simple and catchy ass fuck" as compared to bummer times where Emo songs has that catchy intro "We're strangers! we're playing twenty questions, we're fucking, falling in love, we're fucking falling apart. soon we're just strangers with history.
i keep looking at the life around me, it's so full of you and it won't seem to leave me alone." Yeahhh, remember those dope lines. Well even though Merchant ships went off to form Park Jefferson and William Bonney, I don't really listen to those 2 bands. But of course we all have different views on the ms music. I shall remember the times when I barely heard them and how obssesed I was with them, I don't consider them skramz, twinkly, nor aggressive (sorry for being a turd) but a fucking dope band that did classisc that here in 10 years the next DIY generation will say "Old grey was a fucking cool ass song and bummer times was fucking epically sick ass shit done in 2008" Yeah I can see that in future blogs, why? because Ms was pretty fucking dope. I barely realized they had a demo called LOL cats like half a year ago. I don't know why ms never brought it up or added to the shipsography collection which they should have. I also added the For Cameron EP since people would get butthurt if I dont. Don't get me wrong, I like ms, but just didn't got into the last release they did before they called it quits.


LOLcats demo
Shipsography
For cameron

No comments:

Post a Comment