Sunday, December 2, 2012

Secret Smoker

Yes I am finally back. All this waiting crap with Revolver Ocelot's new album coming up, and all of my Psychology homework and History of rock homework has collided together. Though I just got done with the history of rock crap I still need to work on my take home exam which is due on tuesday. I feel rushed and my hair is falling off. And I still cry at night whenever I listen to Interpol's song Obstacle 1 (just a joke) Anyways. This one is for by homies band Billy who is in Secret Smoker. Unlike many of today's bands that has a blend with today's generation (say what it is but we all know Loma Prieta has that new wave style). Secret Smoker still follows the path of a 90's sound emotive hardcore band. You know those bands such as Agna Moraine's Autobiography, Plunger, The Hal Al Shedad, Shotmaker and Across five aprils. There music still grows within that time. I will say that's pretty fucking cool. The band recently released there debut length "Terminal Architecture" under protagonist music. The covers look pretty groovy and I like the bands sound. I couldn't agree more with the bands excellence of style of playing. I heard many great bands that has came up with some great releases. This one goes on my liste of some good ass album of the year as well along with the others I have mentioned.


Show these guys some love and order there 12" at http://protagonistmusic.bigcartel.com/product/secret-smoker-terminal-architecture-vinyl-lp



They also have a soundcloud if anyone is interested to hear the jam and also a bandcamp

It's one of those bands you can say "well here is one of those rare bands who still play that 90's emo influence" even when I heard them I thought they were from 1996.

Pre order a copy for Winter cause this is the stuff you would want to hear as for the jingle all the freakin way

No comments:

Post a Comment