Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Chune

Ahh September 2008, (Yes another memory of my high school year) I remember getting high at Jebus old apartment house on Magnolia and 10th street in Long Beach. I remember those nights of getting high all over the apartment even his dog would hot box the bathroom with us. Just chillin listening to music and shit. Though I heard of Chune back in 2008 was when I heard of them. These guys are a 90's classic act to the San Diego scene in the early 90's while ska was getting mainstream along with Nirvana. Bands like Chune were getting recognize on the independent community. This band is often categorized as a Sludge/Stoner emo band. I agree. The band lasted 2 lengths a 7" and a split 7". Since I do know history of this band I'll give some infor. Burnt was there first ever full length released in 1993. It was a 7 track. It isn't a EP im guessing the time for an extended play album is 30 minutes or less I believe. Anyway, it isn't my favorite release by them but it is Headhunter records 26th release. Though this album represents a sludge mellow stoner emo indie act. Its a nice album that wasn't released on vinyl. Most bands like these from the 90's mostly released there releases on tape and vinyl's. Going to the next release was a 3 track 10" entitled Three ways to sunday. It is a nice release by them it contains a early version of my favorite track "Water Sandwich" the version on this 10" brings the times on 10th and Magnolia and the high times as well it also contains another song from Big Hat No Cattle called three man dream machine which was later changed to one man dream machine (Don't know why) and a different version track of there first release "Magnus". It also brings back the times when I went to some place in L.A (It looked like a deserted shit stain. It was a birthday party of a family relative and we went to a Shakey's. That same year Chune released a split 7" with Garden Variety the song from the split was also released in there last and my favorite release "Big Hat, No Cattle" its the same version as well. My lucky guess is that it was a preview the next release they were going to release in 1996. Well Now ima move to there last release "Big Hat, No Cattle" The CD contains 6 tracks. The whole album is very fucking good. It is my favorite album of the early 90's You can lay down spark blunts smoke to this until you fall asleep. Its a hushed beautiful album. Headhunter records released all the releases though I am not sure of the 10" who released it. Anyway the band did about 13 tracks. But left a nice legacy behind. I uploaded a discography on mediafire since there isn't any for this band especially any file of there rare 10" So I uploaded the 2 lengths and 10" in one.

Discography
Burnt 1993
Three was to sunday 10" 1995
Big hat, no cattle 1996

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, thanks for posting this! I saw 'em at the Casbah last night and have been looking for for the discography all day!

    ReplyDelete