Sunday, March 4, 2012

Honeywell

Man, I was suppose to post this yesterday but I was with my lady the whole day and didn't get a chance to post it up hear. I mean if your into the whole skramz and baby word "emo violence" man meat word "emotive hardcore" you should know of Honeywell if you don't it just proves you suck big balls deep and that you don't know your genre well. Honeywell was around the late 1988 through 1995. Releasing 1 demo tape that isn't mentioned on any blog (I own a bootleg tape of this demo and uploaded it for you guys 'cause I really want you to have the mp3 copy of it), a s/t 7", a split with reach out, one LP entitled "Industry" (a classic to the emotive hardcore scene from the 90's... If you haven't heard any of this shit you should either download what ima post. Or just be a failure in life and not know anything from one of the early bands from san diego that was in the whole screamo scene right when it started.), 2 comp tracks from "In memory of Jason, and Mindset comp, and the last and oddest release they ever did "electric kool aid 7" from all the releases you can tell by the last release of Electric kool aid 7" and the in memory of jason comp track the vocalist went from a violent sound of emotional hardcore punk to more of a bit soft emotive hardcore. Anyway, yes this band was one of the early groups I heard that brought me into the whole DIY emotive hardcore, skramz whatever you want to fucking call your shit, it basically brought me to it. I hate posting discographies so I am going to post it by releases they made. I had to upload the demo tape, industry LP, comp tracks, and the s/t 7". Where I live in Long Beach, no other band rocks really fucking hard as Honeywell. Well non of the shitty punk bands in LB rocks at all. These little poser punks should really listen to this band and see how the real OG's roll. I put a video just to show you what real fucking screamo is, what real emotive hardcore punk is, non of that baby shit. Honeywell's Industry LP is basically a classic to how thrash has Metallica Ride the Lighting as a classic to thrash. And also, I believe there are 2 demo tapes, I have one of them. Anyone let me know if there's the other one around.



Demo tape
s/t 7"
Live on KSPC Cassette
Reach out/Honeywell split 7"
Industry 7"
In memory of jason+ Lacking Mindset comp tracks
Electric Kool aid 7"

No comments:

Post a Comment