Thursday, July 11, 2013

Adventures

Welp another stilllife session. The weather here in California is odd it was raining last night and now its cloudy and cold. For July and being summer this is perahps the first time its been cold for summer. So lets talk about the Philly band Adventures. I saw them at VLHS a few weeks ago (Growing up is dumb fest) what got me much more hooked was that I was close into crying during the set I felt the vocalist pain of emotional words being said on the mic (She is pretty cute no lie) what tripped me out was that all the emo kids popped out from the crowd and began moshing to the slow sad jams being played. Nonetheless this band is so 90's like similar to Everyone asked about you, Crash and Britany, Eldritch Anisette, The Pennikurvers and all those 90's female vocalist bands that also involves shouting. It wasn't the first time I heard of them on the show. A few weeks before Growing up is dumb fest began someone on one of the five groups I am in posted a bandcamp link to Adventures. In which I think the band Alta did or was it Justin from Alta now that I am thinking back. Anyway, I gave them a listen and I loved it so much. They currently have a 4 song self titled 7" and another 4 song 7" entitled "Clear my head with you" (Which was released in June little less than a month ago). From what I been hearing from rumors is that they are currently working on a split with the band Pitty Sex. I do wish for a full length but fuck it. The new 7" is good and sad enough to be on my top list of 2013 albums. So if you like them 90's emo chick singer bands. YOU WILL I MEAN YOU WILL LOVE THIS HARD ENOUGH TO CRY.

Btw I was in this set. Ill post the Calculator set on also. I am waiting for La Bella's and NoTongue's video




Adventures 7"

Clear my head with you 7"

No comments:

Post a Comment