Wednesday, July 10, 2013

NoTongue - Body+Mind 7"

So right now I am in my summer class and all I have been doing is just listen to NoTongue's new 4 song 7" entitled "Body+Mind" (Like right now) Ever since the release of //// or I would say there s/t ep cassette I been day dreaming on this future release. I remember some of the songs being played at the VLHS show on the 28th of June for the Growing Up Is Dumb fest alongside La Bella, Adventures and Calculator. I remember dancing I mean dancing to NoTongue's new songs. When NoTongue's set ended I stopped by to say "Yo" to Nik who is in the band and also on Calculator's. I asked for this 7" because I wanted to buy it. Sadly, it wasnt out yet and was going to take 2 more weeks. Kyeo Speaks (Mark from Summer Vacation) released the vinyl. Its pretty cool though that he did. I am planing to see them live again. It was freaking amazing and hopefully catch up to buy the 7". The 4 songs are a trip and just something new and powerful to me. It is a really memorable vinyl to me mainly because of NoTongue's signature sound which yes I would say Calculator/Matsuri smashed like smores (Since Nik is from Calc. and Andrew is from Matsuri, dont forget he was in Moldar also) Anyways make sure to catch them on a show there way beyond good and also buy that 7" from Mark if you see him or on Kyeo Speaks fb page or blog or whatever. This is another release that is not just going on my top album list of 2013 but on the top 5 since its really good. They may be 5 or 4 or even 3? possibly 2 on the list. 




Bandcamp

No comments:

Post a Comment