Sunday, February 26, 2012

.moneen.


Theory of harmonial value CD

Ohh god, this band was basically my early high school band before I got into the whole emotive harcore skramz shit. It's probably the only Canadian band I only digged, besides Alexisonfire first full length. This band is known to be the kings of "Space emo rock" whatever the fuck those stupid fairies mean. They started in late 1999 (my only favorite releases took place from 1999-2003) They do a lot of epic mathy sound on their guitars. But there is a boarder line to my liking of this band. I only liked their demo, first EP and first 2 full lengths. I believe their original styled died as soon as they did that spilt with Alexisonfire. I used to own a copy of one of my favorite releases by .moneen. and my top favorite album/record/tapes, the CD got cracked and I was fucked. I liked them more when they were in smallman records. Unfortunatly I only own their first full length and their 3rd full length that isn't my favorite but has one song that outstand all the other tracks. I'm not sure if this band broke up or not, the last release they did was in 2009 and havent made any shows, etc whatsoever. The last release was a bummer and didn't make enough funds of how poorly it was. But I am gladly to share their best releases. They actually were the band that influenced me to play a guitar and fucking sing and make a band. If it weren't for this band I wouldn't be on this blog. I also posted a live session set with a beauty quality. :)

Smaller chairs for the early 1900's EP
Theory of harmonial value
Are we really happy with who we are right now?
Studio live session

No comments:

Post a Comment