Friday, March 2, 2012

Kolya

This was one of the early bands I discovered that got me into the whole emotive hardcore, I picked this band up off a blog called hardcore for nerds along with guyver-one, honeywell, and boys life. I love the whole instrumental while the singer talks his lyrics out on the first 2 7". It really sucks this band didn't made so many release through out its years of being active. 2 7"s and a full length released in CD and LP format. About 14 songs I would say. I will say their 2 7" single "the story becomes the vehicle/Conversations and smokescreens" is far my favorite. Well basically all of the 3 releases are my favorite. This is definelty a band to check out. I believe there is still some LP's being sold around and CD's if im not mistaking. This band definelty makes you wanna get in the high mood and hot box a room and just listen to this. I been seeing blogs many of them say Kolya is oldschool emo, in fact they are. I had to upload the iditarod 7" since either other people who uploaded it and were posers and put the track of the 2 song 7" or are fucking naming it by s/t 7" 1998

Iditarod 7"
The story becomes the vehicle/Conversations and smokescreens 7"
Kolya CD/LP

No comments:

Post a Comment