Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Breakwater

Before I got into todays DIY or knew the spirit of Emotive Hardcore existed this was one of the early bands I found as well, most of the first bands I found were from the 90's I always thought only these bands existed in the 90's but was proved wrong later on. This band was a early-mid 90's emotive hardcore Canadian band from Victoria. They started in 1994 and ended in 1996 though there song "one" which is on there demo tape came out in A Benefit Compilation Brought To You By Mayfly in 1997 though the band was already broken up by this time. The band did a demo tape in 1994 releasing 5 songs on there all by One, Two, Three, Four, Five. In 1995 the band released a self titled 7" of two songs. Five which sounds different from the Five on the demo tape and Seven. Well my question is where the fuck is six? Wait. Six doesn't exist they just jumped a number. I guess they hate the number six. I mean, why would a band go from 5 to Seven. I mean to keep it organized I would just name it six. Well in 1996 the band released a split 7" with the band Closure (pretty rad name) with the song Eleven. Okay?... So what they fucking skipped Eight, Nine, and Ten. That is fucking confusing. If I were getting into this band. I would be wondering. "What the hell happened to Six, Eight, Nine, and Ten. And why does Five from the 7" sound different from the Five on the demo tape." The band then released there last song that following year which was released on a Compilation called "I can't live without" with the song Twelve. This band somewhat reminds me of Allure in many many ways. Though allure only did a demo tape consisting of 7 tracks and there song "Little Engine" which was on a 2x7" compilation. Both bands do somewhat sound alike in some form. Maybe it's just me. Though they shouldve done some sort of discography on LP or CD format or even how the band Osceola did it on tape. This is one of the "Forgotten Emotive Hardcore" bands and its true that this band is forgotten. But for Hardcore DIY fans. I am sure you know these guys.

This song is fucking epic Emotive Hardcore


Discography 1994-1996


No comments:

Post a Comment