Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Allegory of the cave/Cheer Up

Well I remember listening to this band I believe when I got gragged to last.fm I remember downloading that 7 track demo and the split with spectres. From there I totally forgot of them til I randomly one day checked The emo apocalypse compilation and saw one of there songs on there "I am not zee hero" I tried getting info until I ended up with Cheer Up!. I don't know why they ended up changing the bands name although from Allegory to Cheer Up! you can hear the big gap difference between the 2 although the same 2 piece band. No bass required. Although in Cheer Up! you can hear 2 guitars playing some mathy like The fall of troy but better style with some of the same vocal structure only a little more singing involved to it. I still don't know why they titled it "10 song EP" it is far from even being an extended play. Most extended plays the longest are 7 songs. Usually from 8 or more it's as a full length. Found that wierd. Although this release was also in CDr format and under 50 copies of those were made. Lucky for the ones who ever went to go see Cassettes on fire and cheer up play. I am sure that show was fucking amazing. Well I noticed many files only have the stuff allegory made. So I made one where I have Allegory and Cheer Up!. Sorry if the track names have no titles. When I downloaded them from mediafire they were already like that. But if anyone would like to give me the track names. I hate shit like Track 01 When I already know theres a name for these songs. Well here ya go. Sorry I couldn't find a video for you newcomers. But all I can say. Dig Skramz? Get into this.

Allegory of the cave/Cheer Up! Discography

No comments:

Post a Comment