Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Vidablue/Ten Grand

Well now with more time on my hands. I have finally posted almost everything on this band or 2 bands although they changed there name while the making of The Comprehensive List of Everyone Who Has Ever Done Anything Wrong to Us. From there on they Changed to Ten Grand. Ten Grand well under that name they did a full length entitled "This is the way to rule" and 2 split's one with Mike Lust and the other with Meth and goats. From there the band didn't split up but the vocalist Matt Davis died in a car crash I believe. It be pretty stupid to replace him so the band just ended afterwards. The vocalsit used a pretty unique style of singing I have not heard elsewhere which is one of the main reasons I dig this badly. Although between the switch name from The Vidablue and Ten Grand the band did not change style at all and would still sound pretty similar to how they began. The only stuff I am missing and is completely nowhere is The Vidablue split w/ Quatro and there demo EP which has a few early versions of The comprehensive list. Other than that. This is all that is out there in one file. Although I really enjoyed The comprehensive list a lot more than the rest of there material. I still like everything they did. So I put a few videos of my favorite 2 songs from this album. This is a really classic among many emotive hardcore/DIY fans. This band is still mentioned in many blogs but formely as Ten Grand. I didin't know they were first called The Vidablue til someone said so and here I thought they released 2 full lengths and 2 splits when they actually released 4 splits,3 full lengths, and one 7". The payload theme song will always remind me of the first time I heard them while Thank you ma'am, may I have several more reminds me of how great they are.





The Vidablue/Ten Grand

No comments:

Post a Comment